Happy Spring! Here's to longer days, grilled dinners on the back patio, bouquets of daffodils, and flip flops! To celebrate our favorite season, we have a fresh giveaway for you guys today and it's sponsored by a a great company, organicgirl greens.
Cindy and I have received several offers to do a giveaway in the last few months, but most of the companies that approached us didn't offer a product we would actually feed our families. organicgirl greens was different. They offer a variety of organic greens and vegetables that are prepped (triple washed), pesticide free, and ready to eat. Plus, their products are really affordable. I think my favorite thing about organicgirl is how many different greens they pack into a salad, and it's not your typical spinach and kale. I also adore the fact that they use a lot of baby greens, which are a little less intense than their full grown counterparts. The two products we reviewed were SUPERGREENS! and fresh herbs and greens! and they were packed with a surprising variety of greens... bok choy, tango, tat soi, mizuna. These nutrient dense, flavorful greens add a fresh spin to the everyday salad, and it was so nice to have them already blended into a mix.
Today, we are featuring a thai salad using the fresh herbs and greens!. This salad is zesty and packed with green goodness. The tat soi, bok choy, chard, and mizuna mix things up and add a tangy flare to the salad. And, I loved the fresh parsley and cilantro mixed in. It added a lot of depth and helped create a flavorful base for the salad. We topped the greens with shredded carrots, cucumbers, yellow tomatoes, and avocado. Then, we topped it with grilled chicken marinaded in a Thai peanut sauce, and a creamy homemade dressing. The dressing is so easy to make, just blend a carrot, ginger, peanut butter and a few spices in a food processor and you are good to go. It's the perfect way to celebrate the end of this long winter.
Saturday we will be sharing a smoothie made with the SUPERGREENS!, but the best part is that five of you can win these two great products.
HERE'S HOW TO WIN! This giveaway is run via rafflecopter with plenty of chances to enter! Next Tuesday, the giveaway will close, five winners will be selected at random and contacted! All entries will be verified, so please play by the rules!
This giveaway is sponsored by organgicgirl greens. No purchase necessary to enter or win. Giveaway only open to legal residents of the United States. A Sweet Simple Life is not affiliated with organicgirl greens and thus, assumes no responsibility for late or lost in-transit prizes. This is a sponsored post, but all opinions and recipes are our own.
Thai Salad with Creamy Peanut Ginger Dressing & Grilled Chicken
Click here for a Printable Recipe!
- 2 lbs chicken breast
- 1 cup Thai Peanut Marinade (We used San-J. It's Gluten-Free and delicious!)
- 5 oz organicgirl fresh herbs and greens!
- 1 English cucumber, sliced
- 1/2 cup carrots, shredded
- 1/4 cup yellow tomatoes, halved
- 1 avocado, peeled & sliced
- 1 tsp lime juice
- 1/8 cup peanut butter, chunky
- 1/4 cup pineapple juice (orange will work also)
- 1 small carrot (not baby carrots)
- 1 inch of ginger root, peeled
- 1 clove of garlic
- 2 tsp gf soy sauce
- 1 tsp of sweet red chili paste
Prep Time: 15 minutes • Cook Time: 15 minutes • Yields: 4 servings
1. Place chicken in a shallow dish. Pour marinade over chicken and cover. Let set for 2 hours.
2. Place greens and herbs in a large bowl. Sprinkle avocado with lime juice to prevent browning. Top greens with cucumber, carrots, yellow tomatoes, and avocado.
3. On a hot grill. cook chicken throughly, basting with marinade as it cooks. Let cool for 5 minutes. Cut into diagonal, bite sized pieces.
4. In a food processor, blend peanut butter, pineapple juice, carrot, ginger, garlic, soy sauce, and chili paste until smooth.
5. Serve chicken on a bed of salad. Top with dressing. EAT!