Happy Labor Day! Ready for your cook out? Still not sure what to make? Did you think I would send you off empty handed?
This simple crisp is quick and a crowd pleaser. Peaches, blackberries, blueberries, raspberries, and strawberries blend to create a juicy filling. Nuts, honey, dates, and coconut oil bake into a crisp, crunchy topping. Topped with thick coconut cream, this natural dessert literally captures what the last day of summer should taste like. Fresh.
Plus, no sugar, no grain, no dairy, no eggs. Paleo bay-bay. The best part, it only takes about 35 minutes to make... start to finish. So, put down that coffee and get baking. You have a party to go to!
Peach-Berry Crisp with Coconut Cream
1 16 oz. bag frozen berries
2 peaches, sliced
1/2 cup roasted, salted cashews
1 cup raw almonds
1 cup raw walnuts
1/2 cup whole, pitted dates
1/4 cup coconut oil
2 tablespoons raw honey
1 12 oz. can cream of coconut
1/4 cup unsweetened coconut milk
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Yields: 8 servings
1. Preheat oven to 350 F. Place berries and peaches in a 9X9 baking dish.
2. In food processor, blend nuts and dates for 1 minute or until mixture resembles crumbs. (If you mix it too long, you will make nut butter... so be careful.) Transfer nut mixture to a small bowl.
3. Melt coconut oil and honey in the microwave for 15 seconds. Pour over nut mixture and stir until nuts are well-coated.
4. Cover fruit with nut mixture and bake for 25 minutes or until fruit is soft and juice bubbles along the sides.
5. In the meantime, remove the thick coconut cream from the can and discard the water at the bottom of the can. In a small bowl, mix cream and coconut milk until stiff peaks form. Top your crisp with your cream. Ooh la la!!! Savor the last bit of summertime.