What is your favorite football snack? Chips and salsa? Guacomole? Chili? Well, these corn dog muffins are officially on my game day menu. And let's face it, with the refs this year, the best thing about the game this weekend will probably be the food.
These little bites of goodness pack all the deliciousness of a corn dog into one mouthful. They are gluten free and so easy. I just whipped up my favorite GF cornbread recipe from the Gluten Free Mommy (tastes like Jiffy), spooned it into a mini-muffin pan, and stuck little pieces of hot diggity dogs in the batter. Simple and super yummy. I made these for some friends a few weeks ago and not a one was left by halftime.
Corn Dog Muffins
1 cup white rice flour
3/4 cup stone-ground cornmeal
2 tablespoons of sugar
2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup butter
2 large eggs
1 cup milk
4 beef hotdogs
Honey mustard (Or sauce of choice)
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 12 minutes
Yields: 24 Corn Dog Muffins
1. Preheat oven to 400F. Mix dry ingredients in a small bowl. Set aside.
2. Melt butter in microwave in a measuring cup. Add milk and eggs to butter. Beat until smooth. Add to dry mixture. Stir until well blended.
3. Grease a mini-muffin pan. Fill cups 3/4 of the way full with batter.
4. Cut each hotdog into 6 pieces. Stick one hotdog in each muffin cup.
5. Bake for 12-15 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Serve with mustard and beer!