Happy Fall! Did you savor everything about the first day of fall? I did! It was a sunny 86 degrees out, but I wore a sweater, drank a Pumpkin Spice Latte, got out my fall decor, and watched You've Got Mail and Pride & Prejudice while I baked up a storm.
I also made these apples. Salted, caramel, dark chocolate apples. Why? Because it's fall... GLORIOUS FALL! And these apples are equally glorious! One bite and you'll burst into song.
HOLY MOLEY ME OH MY! YOU'RE THE APPLE OF MY EYE.
Make these. It's like autumn on a stick. Crisp, fresh apples coated first in caramel and next in dark chocolate. Then, sprinkled with a tad bit of sea salt. GLORY!!!
Salted Caramel Dark Chocolate Apples
8 Gala Apples
1 16 oz. bag caramels, unwrapped
2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
1/2 cup dark chocolate, 60% cacao
Course sea salt
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Chill time: 10 minutes
Yields: 8 Candy Apples
1. Stick lollipop sticks into the center of apples.
2. Place caramels and heavy whipping cream in a small saucepan. Melt over a medium-high heat stirring constantly. Turn to low and set aside, but keep an eye on it!
3. Melt chocolate in the microwave for 1 minute or until melted, stirring every 30 seconds. Remove caramel from heat.
4. Dunk apples in caramel, then chocolate. Place on a parchment paper lined baking sheet. Sprinkle with sea salt.
5. Place in the freezer for ten minutes or until chocolate hardens. DEVOUR!
Note: If there are any leftovers, remove sticks and store in the refrigerator in an airtight container. I like to slice my apple when I eat them. :)