Good Morning! Hope you had a good weekend! I spent it running errands, attending the cutest baby shower, watching the U.S. of A. with Jason, and spending some serious time soaking up sun.
I also stuffed my face with this... Is there anything better than a lazy breakfast? No. Our apartment overlooks a little lake and I have to be honest, eating breakfast out there is kind of a happily ever after moment. Every time. I know. I'm pitiful, but it's true.
Moving on... The real key to good French toast is patience. You have to wait for your bread to get a little bit stale. Then, you have to wait for the egg mixture to set. Lastly, you have to wait for the bread to soak up the mixture. But, oh is it worth the wait. I like to sprinkle my toast with confectioners sugar and sliced strawberries. Berries are just always a good idea.
Strawberry French Toast
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 6 slices bread, just on the verge of stale (I used Udi's. GF baby!)
- 1/2 cup sliced strawberries
- 2 teaspoons confectioners sugar
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: Roughly 5 minutes
Yields: 2 Servings
1. Whisk eggs, milk, and spices together in a pie dish. Let sit 2-3 minutes.
2. Place bread in egg mixture. Let each piece soak for about 1 minute on each side. The bread should absorb the egg mixture like a sponge.
3. In the meantime, heat a large, non-stick pan to a medium-high temp. Melt butter. Cook toast. It should take a minute or two to cook on each side.
4. Dust toast with confectioners sugar. Top with strawberries. Stuff your face. Live happily ever after... :)