Happy Friday! Hope that you have BIG plans for this weekend. Are you going to a cookout, headed camping, planting your butt on a beach towel, shopping for back-to-school? We are going to the Outer Banks with my family and I'm really excited/nervous/excited! It's Jason's first real vacation with my family, so I hope he doesn't think we are too crazy. ;) I think by now he has a pretty good idea of the mess he's gotten himself into...
Well, whatever you are doing these weekend, set aside half an hour to whip up these muffins for lunchboxes and breakfasts-on-the-go next week. I've been searching for a guilt-free muffin and I've finally found one. Packed with walnuts and almonds, these little guys have enough protein to stick with you. They are sweetened with raw honey and ripe bananas rather than refined sugar, but will turn out tasty enough to please even the pickiest of eaters.
Plus, mini-muffins are always just so stinking cute.
Banana Walnut Muffins
From With Style & Grace
1 1/2 cup almond flour
2 tablespoons ground flaxseed
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
pinch of nutmeg
pinch of salt
2 very ripe bananas, mashed
1 tablespoon honey
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/3 chopped walnuts, plus more for topping
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 11-15 Minutes
Yields: 24 Mini-Muffins
1. Preheat oven to 375 F. Place muffins cups in mini-muffin tin and set aside.
2. In a large bowl, sift together almond flour, flaxseed, baking soda, baking powder, spices, and salt.
3. In a separate smaller bowl, mix mashed bananas, eggs, honey, vanilla and olive oil together until well combined.
4. Slowly, add wet mixture to dry ingredients and pour in the wet ingredients. Mix well. Stir in walnuts.
5. Fill the baking cups about 3/4 full with batter. Sprinkle a few chopped walnuts over each cup. Bake muffins for 11-15 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool, pour a cup of coffee, and dig in. You can even smear them with coconut oil. Store in an airtight container for several days.