Hola! Happy August to you. That last lazy month of summer... I hope you are knee deep in sun screen, a DVR Olympic marathon, or a good novel... and if you are, just keep doing what you are doing. Stretch out those last few moments. Really savor them.
And while you are at it, eat this...
This recipe will knock your socks off. Chipotle, honey, and garlic blend to create a saucy little marinade. Let your chicken soak all that deliciousness in for the next couple of hours. Light your grill and then top it all off with twangy mango salsa. An easy, delicious end of summer meal. We had it with with corn on the cob and sweet potato french fries.
Chipotle-Honey Chicken with Mango Salsa
- 2 lbs chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup of olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 canned chipotle pepper, chopped (I used GOYA)
- 2 tablespoons adobe sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon red chilli powder
- 1 cup mango, diced
- 1/4 cup purple onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 jalepeno, seeded and finely chopped
- 1/2 cup strawberries, diced
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- Sea salt
Yields: 4 Servings
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
1. Mix olive oil, garlic, chipotle pepper, adobe sauce, and spices together. Pour over chicken. Let marinate for 4 hours or more.
2. Mix mango, onion, cilantro, jalepeno, and strawberried together. Add lime juice. Salt to taste. You can make this ahead of time. Just cover and refridgerate. The flavor is actually a bit better if you let it sit.
3. Heat up the grill and cook that chicken. Baste chicken with marinade as it cooks.
4. Once chicken is cooked thoroughly, top with mango salsa and enjoy every last bite!