Coming soon to a thrift store near you... an assortment of shoes, clothes, gift bags, nik-nacs, kitchen utensils, and more!
Recently, one of my fav bloggers, Jenna of Jenna's Everything Blog, challenged her readers to purge 112 things in 1/12. So, this Saturday, while Jason was off hiking with his buddies, I rolled up my sleeves and started tossing things out. I barely made it to 112, but after cleaning out the shampoo graveyard under our sink, victory was mine. So long 3-year old shower gel.
5 bags to the thrift!! (There were also 4 bags of trash taken to the dumpster before I snapped this pic.) Woot, woot! And get this...
1. I can walk in my closet without things falling down on my head.
2. My kitchen drawers and cabinets are actually useable rather being crammed with as much stuff as they can possibly hold.
3. My laundry room is no longer a storage closet. Neither is my pantry.
4. Rather than 3 tubs of clothes and 1 tub of shoes residing under our bed, we now have 2 tubs of clothes. 1 tub of shoes, and a craft/gift wrapping tub.
5. All of that stuff is my stuff, not Jason's. Since he was off in the wilderness, I didn't think it would be fair to touch his mission trip souvenirs or the t-shirt drawer that explodes everytime I try to put his laundry away. Those are for another day.
Anywho, I hope this inspires you to rethink that sweater you haven't worn since 2008 or why you have 4 pairs of cowboy boots... Happy Tuesday!